Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Musings: Is It Fall Already?

If you have been shopping in departments stores, you've noticed summer is over and it is all about fall.  I usually am bothered by this and refuse to shop for fall so early but I did "participate" in the anniversary sale at Nordstrom this past week.

Vera Wang Lavender "Kipp" boot
I went to the store with the full intention of purchasing the Cole Haan Leora boot but the calf was too wide and the toe too round.  While the Vera boot is more $$, I love the fit and style and I think I'll be living in this boot during the cold, slushy weather of Michigan this winter.  The boot is not as clunky or military looking as you may think by looking at the photo.  Tuck your jeans in or give them a cuff, these boots would work well with a skirt and tights too.  What do you think??

To justify my fall purchase...
...I picked up a pair of these Lucky Brand sandals on sale.  
They have zippers up the heels.  I really find them comfortable and just a bit more coverage than flip flops.

Four Seasons Philadlephia, courtyard
A verdant respite in Center City Philadelphia.  This was a very pleasant place to relax over the weekend.
Welcome back from what I hope was a restful weekend.  Make it a wonderful day.







2 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss Philly. And I love those boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought my first pair of zipper heeled sandals this summer and am totally obsessed :) Your find looks awesome and there are still plenty of warm days ahead to enjoy them {despite Fall trying to swoop down on us in the malls :)}

    ❤ Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin