Friday, July 22, 2011

Weekend: Gardening, Blue Angels, and other events.

Like most of the US, it has been "wicked" hot here in Michigan.  I've been going to my garden at 6:30 am with my puppy to harvest and water.  I'm suppling the neighbors with lettuce, spinach and green beans.  Today I made pesto with my basil bounty.  
I transport the flowers and herbs in a glass vessel to keep them from wilting.  I thought the basil, dill, cilantro and zinnias looked pretty although I just "stuck" them in the vase. 

Thursday afternoon, I was entertained by the Blue Angels, practicing for a weekend air show. They were flying directly overhead for about 2 hours.  I'm looking forward to the real show. 

Sunday evening is our couples book club and Saturday is a Puppy Extravaganza at the  Leader Dog campus.  Sounds like a busy weekend.  I hope you have fun things planned and time to relax as well.  Stay cool and see you on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful weekend...

    Like you said, you'll be having a busy one, ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin