Monday, December 3, 2012

Let Them Eat Candy

Welcome back from the weekend.  I hope you had some good rest time and did something fun.  I went to see Skyfall, the new James Bond movie.  Loved it.

At holiday time I like to make candy.  There is something about using a candy thermometer that attracts me.  I like the chemistry of the whole thing.  Anyway, I like to make candy to give as gifts.  

I shared the recipe for Almond Buttercrunch here.

If you walk into a Williams-Sonoma store this time of year you will probably be offered some of their famous Peppermint Bark.  You can easily make this yourself.  The recipe is right here.  Just be sure to use high quality bar chocolate and not chocolate chips or the white and dark chocolate layers will separate.  Be sure the first layer cools for 10 minutes before topping with the white chocolate layer.

All ready to give as a hostess gift.

Even the cookies I made have candy in them.  I used this recipe substituting a bag of holiday colored M&M's in place of the semi sweet choc chips and Reese's Pieces candies.

I made salted caramels as well but they need to cool before I can cut and wrap them.  I'll show you another day.

Happy Monday

4 comments:

  1. Oh candies, chocolates and other sweets is always a welcome treat.

    Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the almond buttercrunch looks and sounds AMAZING! i wonder how it would freeze if i made batches now for christmas??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just keep in airtight container (cookie tin) I wouldn't freeze.

      Delete
  3. I would love to make chocolate bark. We worked at Williams Sonoma one Christmas and I passed chocolate bark out at the door. A very popular gift.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin