Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Almond Buttercrunch - Holiday Treat


I love to make this yummy almond brittle with chocolate glaze at holiday time. I serve it at my holiday party and give it as gifts in fun, reusable containers.

photos by me
Heat 1 stick of butter, cut into pieces, 2/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup corn syrup and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a non-stick skillet over moderate heat. Stir until mixture bubbles.
Add 1 1/2 cups of whole, salted, roasted almonds to the skillet and cook until mixture is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Pour mixture onto a buttered shallow baking pan and spread evenly.
Immediately sprinkle 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips over the almond mixture and spread chocolate evenly as it melts. Let stand at room temperature for about 2 hours.
Break buttercrunch into small pieces. Makes about 1 lb of candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin