Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Turkey

I picked up my fresh Thanksgiving turkey Monday.

In an effort to buy/eat local, I purchased my turkey from a farm about 10 miles from home.

These birds are unaware of what is in store for them.


photo from Epicurious.com
I'm a fan of a butter and cider glaze on my turkey. It makes a wonderful gravy. This year I'm trying a Bon Appetit recipe from the November 2009 issue. Click here for the recipe.
I'll cook the dressing outside of the bird. Our family has a sausage/apple recipe that is a favorite.
What type of stuffing/dressing is your family favorite?

Thanksgiving is such a wonderful time to give thanks, reflect and enjoy family and friends. My family starts to arrive today.







1 comment:

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin