Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies


I made some chocolate chip cookies to mail to my dad for Fathers Day. I had some extra that I shared with Julie, my friend from the gym. She asked me to share the recipe on my blog. I found this recipe in a magazine about 12 years ago. I don't think I've use a different chocolate chip cookie recipe since then. The secret is using vegetable shortening AND butter. Don't over bake. These are soft and delicious!

1 cup packed golden brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening (Crisco)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 12-ounce package semisweet chocolate chips

Have butter, shortening and eggs at room temperature. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Using an electric mixer, beat both sugars, shortening and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and mix until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto heavy large baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Transfer baking sheets to racks; cool 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks; cool completely.
Makes 42

Hope you like them!




2 comments:

  1. I am in the mood to bake for some reason. I have to try these. Thanks for putting this recipe up Deborah! I've always wanted to try it with the Crisco, now I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. update: I forgot to tell you how much we absolutely LOVE these cookies. i copied the recipe down on one of my Michigan recipe cards:) Thank you for posting! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin