Monday, April 25, 2011

Minted Pea Soup

I served this pea soup, chilled, as a first course for my Easter Dinner.  It was so fresh and spring-like I thought I'd share it with you.  The recipe is from Epicurious and you can view it here.  I decided to follow the recipe and strain the pureed soup and then I mixed in 1/2 cup of cream and 1/2 cup of  nonfat Greek yogurt.  This gave the soup a lovely smooth texture that we sipped from mugs.  For a heartier soup, eliminate the straining step.  I also followed the reviews and used only 1/2 cup of mint leaves instead of a full cup.  This amount of mint allowed the pea flavor to prevail and just a hint of mint added freshness.  

For a meatless Monday meal, consider this Minted Peas Soup with egg salad sandwiches for dinner.  and Easter basket chocolate for dessert
Happy Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin