Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Studio Makeover

Before
This studio needs a makeover and fast!
Is it no wonder I procrastinate going to my studio to make jewelry?

After
I went with my favorite color combination, coral and turquoise.  

I made a visit to the Ikea "as is" room.  I found these turquoise 'trash cans" with lids for $5.99.  They are perfect for holding my crafty stuff like yarn.

I repurposed some terracotta yogurt containers I brought home from France to use a pencil and small tool holders.  The wicker cutlery caddy was a mark down at Target about a year ago.  I knew I'd find a good use for it.  Now it holds my medium sized hand tools and scissors.

I found this Ikea stool that someone put out for trash pick up.  I took it home and gave it the "dip dye" look by taking leftover wall paint and mixing it with some semi gloss white trim paint I had on hand.  

Now I'm ready to get to work.  The color is energizing and everything has a place.

Do you have a space that is just for you?  Did you style it "just for you"?







2 comments:

  1. You are the perfect example of the well organized woman. You've inspired me to get myself in gear and go to work.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so lovely! and i adore the idea of the "trash cans", very original.. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin