Monday, April 19, 2010

Earth Week

Earth Day celebrates it's 40 anniversary this April 22 so I'm going to focus on the environment this week.  My favorite store, Target, handed out free reusable bags on Sunday, the 18th. 
   

Target launched recycling stations last week at all 1,740 U.S. stores and at the front of each store, Target's recycling bins accept aluminum, glass and plastic beverage containers as well as plastic bags, MP3 players, cell phones and ink cartridges.  Click here to see view Target
Recycle = Reward programs.



Whole Foods is a store that seems to practice it's golden rule of  environmental stewardship, THE 3 R'S: REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE  

This is how they suggest to do the green thing

GO "GREEN" WHEN YOU CLEAN

AVOID PRODUCTS WITH A LOT OF PACKAGING

BUY RECYCLED PRODUCTS

SWITCH TO ORGANICS

BUY IN BULK
QUENCH WITH RESPECT
SUPPORT ECO-SMART PACKAGING

CHOOSE YOUR FOOD LIKE IT MATTERS

REUSE YOUR BAGS




1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! I love Target too... We are big recyclers in my household! I like to shop with my cute canvas bags!

    xo
    http://mandalyzing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin