Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Espresso Pound Cake with Pecans and Dried Cherries

I'm always interested in new recipes for tea cake, something similar to a pound cake or coffee cake.  I like a cake that is equally appropriate with my morning coffee as it is in the evening with a cup of tea.  I've shared several of these recipes on Spiral Style and you can click here and here and here to view them.  This Espresso Pound Cake from Bon Appetit is my new favorite. 
This dense cake is has only a subtle hint of espresso.

Dried fruit, pecans, cinnamon, and espresso powder along with vanilla, flavor this cake.
Use what you have available.  I used dried cherries but dried cranberries or blueberries work equally well.  Walnuts, hazelnuts, or almonds substitute nicely for pecans.  Not a fan of cinnamon?  No problem, try allspice or cardamom.

While the cake is delicious without embellishment, the recipe includes a glaze studded with dried fruit and pecans.  
Click here to view the recipe on epicurious

Have a sweet day!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! These cakes look devine!

    For the record you can totally copy my business card design with these bracets { }...I am honored to have inspired you!

    xx Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin