Friday, August 20, 2010

Jalapeno Poppers

What to do with a plentitude of jalapeno peppers?
The garden is producing jalapenos faster than I can use them.  I decided to try Jalapeno Poppers, a popular appetizer/bar food.  
The peppers are sliced in half with seeds and ribs removed.  Pepper halves are then stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese and Monterrey jack cheese.  

The pepper halve are dredged in flour, then egg mixture and finally panko.  Rather than frying, these poppers are baked, saving many fat calories.  The panko makes a nice, crispy crust.  


These pepper poppers were delicious and I'll make them again, and probably soon since I still have lots of peppers!  Click here for the recipe.  

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin