Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Saving Peppers

Blessed with a bounty of beautiful jalapeno peppers, I decided to roast the peppers and preserve them for months when I won't be able to harvest fresh peppers.
After roasting the peppers thoroughly, I placed them in a paper bag to steam.


It was then very easy to remove the skin, split open and remove the seeds and ribs.

I chose to preserve the pepper in olive oil as opposed to freezing them.  I'll be able to incorporate the preserved peppers into chili, soups and stews or add to an antipasto salad.  You can use this method with bell peppers and other varieties of peppers as well.  Freezing the roasted peppers is an equally fine method of preserving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin