Sriracha Chili Sauce is quickly becoming an hugely popular condiment. Sometimes known as "Thai Ketchup", it is found on the tables of Thai and Vietnamese restaurants. This spicy-sweet sauce is made from red jalapeno peppers, sugar, garlic, vinegar, salt and xanthan gum (for thickening) and some preservatives. The name comes from Sriracha Harbor, the largest private port on the eastern coast of Thailand, near Bangkok.
Think of Sriracha Chili Sauce as Tabasco with some sweetness and a bit more thick. Now think of how you would use Tabasco and Voila, now you know what to do with Sriracha! Start with just a bit of this spicy sauce, you can always add more to achieve your preferred heat level. Adding a spicy/hot flavor is just a squeeze away with Sriracha Chili Sauce.
- Mix some with ketchup for a spicy tang on a burger
- Stir into mayonnaise and spread on a sandwich
- Add a little kick to deviled eggs
- Top fried or scrambled eggs with Sriracha
- Use in Buffalo wing recipe instead of Tabasco
- Add to marinades for grilling meat, chicken or fish
- Try it in coleslaw
- Kicks up a stirfry
- Squeeze some into cocktail sauce...with calamari!
- With glazed carrots? Why not?
- Add another dimension to your butternut squash soup
- Spice up cocktail meatballs
- With honey for a sweet-spicy sauce
Have a great weekend everyone