I'm starting a new feature on Spiral Style called Flavor of the Week. I will be reviewing pantry items that can add flavor and interest to your food and include a list of simple ways to incorporate this flavor. Hopefully, you'll be inspired to try an idea or two. Of course I'd love to hear how you use these flavors so leave a comment for all of us to view.I've found myself using a lot of sun dried tomatoes lately. Sun drying intensifies tomato flavor and lends an earthy sort of essence. The Trader Joe brand is my current favorite. The julienned slices are packed in oil and ready for use.
Add with fresh basil to sauteed corn.
- Add to tuna salad
- Cornbread muffins with cheddar and sun dried tomatoes
- Scramble with eggs or in an omelette
- Include in meatloaf
- As a pizza topping
- A topping for bruschetta with some melted cheese
- Polenta with sun dried tomatoes and mascarpone cheese
- Garnish for appetizers
- Use to marinate bite-sized mozzarella balls or goat cheese
- Pairs well with many cheeses
- Pasta - your imagination is the only limiting factor
How do you use sun dried tomaotes?