Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fresh, Quick, Delicious

Yesterday was crazy-busy. I planned to make this fast and fantastic dinner. I still have basil in the garden and incredibly scrumptious corn from the Farmers Market. Add those fresh ingredients to shrimp and dinner is just a few minutes away.
see the recipe below
photo by me

Shrimp and Corn with Basil
serves 2
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Kernels from 2 ears of corn
1/2 lb shelled, deveined, large shrimp
4 scallions, chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced

Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over moderately high heat, then saute corn and shrimp, stirring, until shrimp are cooked through, 3-5 minutes. Stir in scallions and basil and season with salt and pepper.

4 comments:

  1. I love Spiral Style. I am terrible at coming up with ideas for dinner, but now it looks like I'm really good at it because you have so many yummy recipes! And I adore you for it! So does hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad. Wish I could have you both over for dinner this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wouldn't that be fun?! I would love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can we come, too?!
    what a fabulous recipe....xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin