Friday, September 18, 2009

Super Simple Succulents

Living in Michigan, I was skeptical about growing succulents. My perception was that of cacti growing in the dessert. I read that they are easy to grow and needed very little attention.

Last summer I took a shallow planter, (mine had no drainage holes) put some potting mix in the bottm and filled it with a variety of succulents. I chose the plants based on color, texture and shape.

photos by me

This is how my succulent planter looks at the end of the second summer. I have never fertilized the plants and I don't think I watered it this summer unless it was very dry. I took the planter in the house for the winter and kept it in a window. Just a little water once a week and back outside in the spring. Consider succulents, they are a pleasure!

Have a wonderful weekend. See you on Monday.



3 comments:

  1. how pretty is that? I love!! you are so full of knowledge and ideas. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll try just about anything! Maybe I need to be more focused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah, it's a good thing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin