Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School, Feels Like Fall


It is the first day of school here in Michigan. For many, that means a new beginning. I found this quote that is challenging and exciting at the same time.

“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who are alive.” – Howard Thurman


I found this fun booth at the Northville Farmers Market. The owners grow gourds. They dry and finish them in very artistic ways. They vary in size from huge to tiny and the diverse shapes allow for very interesting groupings. Vist Gourdology on line here.




This is my gourd collection.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the Thurman quote. That's perfect!

    The pictures of your gourds are so pretty! You are so clever and creative, it's so inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah,
    I got a phone call from my friend that is refurbishing a truck. His birthday was yesterday and he got the Red Truck book today. He was very excited. He heard Michael Perry speak and was meaning to get the book but just hadn't gotten to it. Thanks for the great tip. I love to get people gifts that are "just right".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin