Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Midweek Mentions

Wildflower daisies are blooming in fields all over southeast Michigan.  I combined daisies with Lady's Mantle and arranged them in a terra cotta yogurt pot I brought home from France.  

The napkin is a favorite I purchased a few years ago from Crate & Barrel.  The colorful spoons were a find in a table top shop in Paris.  The whole composition is on top of one of those Crate & Barrel sidetables I told you about here.  

A trio of succulents in pots from Ikea.

Tonight I grilled a turkey breast, one of my favorite summer time meals.  I made a salad of potato, corn and beans and a rhubarb chutney on the side.  Simple, with lots of leftovers for sandwiches.
I basted the turkey with a mixture of Dijon mustard, olive oil, white wine, fresh thyme, salt and pepper.  It created a lovely, dark skin and kept the turkey moist.  

It is incredibly hot here in Michigan.  Too hot to eat outside.  How about where you are?



1 comment:

  1. Lovely flowers...

    and I'm turkey craving right now... thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin